Sunday, January 13, 2008

Vestments---THANK YOU!

So, here are the vestments that many of you helped me to get--THANK YOU! First off, they are wonderfully made and very high quality. I don't think I'll need to get new vestments for a LONG time. I was able to get my cassock, alb, cincture and surplice. I'd especially like to thank my grandparents, my mom, Chet and Joy Cavaliere, Bruce Freeman, Mark Blocher and, of course everyone at my home parish, The Church of The Redeemer.

This is the alb. Classic white...could have gone with some sort of "flax" or "natural color", but nah. Went with the plain white. Medium weight, and somewhat wrinkle-free-ish.




















Here is the only real option I added to the alb. Thought it was a nice touch.














Here is the cassock. Went with the Latin style--lots of buttons but I thought it looked better overall. Getting in and out of it is a bit of fun. Again, medium weight, but lined throughout which is nice. I'm sure 1987 Redeemer in August would say the lining isn't such a great idea, but funerals in the middle of winter say otherwise.
















Here it is with the surplice. In Virginia, with our low church attitudes towards vestments...I might be getting some mileage out of this combo depending on my field ed site. More on THAT subject in another posting.

Again, THANK you to everyone that helped contribute to my vestments, I truly appreciate it!

1 comment:

Joe Payne said...

Strangely erotic photos.